The fabulous Timmer House (1883) was trimmed with intricate iron balconies and cornices, had a steam-powered elevator, steam heating and an electric bell in each of the 105 rooms to summon staff. The dining room was sumptuous, with its carvings and columns and ornate ceiling. Louis Timmer spent $25,000 on furniture alone for his hotel, but what surprised the locals most was that he paid $400 on freight, just to ship in the looking-glass that went above the bar. In 1902, Elizabeth Warren purchased the Timmer House for use as a sanatorium-resort, renaming it Hotel San Vicente. It was demolished in 1904 after that year's flood seriously undermined the foundation.