Note the spiral fire escape on the south side of Old Main. During the December 1926 vacation, J. D. Hunter constructed these slides for Old Main, the Teaching School and Ritch Hall. They were made from ""sheets of iron bound firmly to a central 8"" pipe.""Old Main was torn down in 1956 and the Training School Building was razed in 1971. Barnard Hall originally housed the gymnasium & science classrooms. In 1920, the second floor was remodeled to create a men's dormitory. It was razed in 1982.