The one-storey Swift building at the center of the picture stood on the site of the Senate Saloon, originally a two-storey structure erected by R. S. Knight in 1873. It burned in July 1884. The larger, two-storey building was erected between January and April of 1884. Prescott & Sproat’s grocery store moved into the north half of Swift’s building in July 1884. Persons unidentified.