The small brick building on the left was occupied by J. B. Morrill from late 1873 to 1876. Van Wagenen Drugs started in the store next to Bailey in July 1875. Beginning in May 1877, the Grant County Bank, managed by Gordon Bradley, occupied part of the Van Wagenen space, and later moved across the street on Broadway. The bank failed in December 1883. Dr. Bailey was also the post master, running the post office for about 10 years.