The Bailey house was razed 1940. The Miller house was razed 1929. The Lyons-Campbell house was razed 1915. The City Drug Store was destroyed by flooding in the 1890s. The Academy was razed in the 1930s. The Enterprise was town down in the early 1900s. The courthouse was razed 1930. The Sentinel was torn down early 1900s. The Swaine house was razed in the late 1920s. The Meredith house was moved to Cooper Street in 1905. Edmund G. Shields engineered the entire Silver City, Deming & Pacific railroad project that brought the railway up from the Deming (Southern Pacific) line.