L. A. Skelly owned the building at the Southwest corner of Broadway and Main Street., hence the name for this block. This building was reportedly destroyed by a fire in 1896. The buildings on the south side of Broadway cannot be seen in this shot. The Silver City Post Office was housed in the ""National Bank"" building in 1886.
Copyrights holder, Silver City Museum. Distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. Please contact the Collections Curator for permission to use the digital image.
Master file: image/tiff; 120,185 KB; Computer Hardware: Intel Pentium (R) 4 3.20 GHz/ 1.99 GB RAM manufactured by Dell; Operating system: Windows XP 2002; Creation software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 version 9.0.2; Scanner: flatbed reflective scanner Microtek 1000XL; Scanner software: Microtek SilverFast Ai 6.4.2r2b; Scanned by Jason Dunlap on 2009-06-25.